Easy Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies by Nima #NimaTested
Spice up your winter with the aromatic flavors of ginger, cloves, and cinnamon that’s baked into these easy gluten-free gingerbread cookies. Use this recipe to make gingerbread-man cookies to decorate or build the walls for your gingerbread house. The perfect recipe for the family activity by the fireplace!
Easy Gluten-Free Gingerbread CookiesServes: Makes 40-70 Gingerbread-Man cookies depending on the cookie cutter size. Cooking Time: About 3 Hours (20 Minutes Prep, 2+ Hours chilling, 10-12 Minutes Baking) Ingredients:
- 6 Cups Gluten Free Flour (We used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tbl Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon (Use Vietnamese Cinnamon for a deeper flavor)
- 1 Cup (2 stick) Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Cup Unsulphured Molasses
- 2 Large Eggs
- Mix together the dry ingredients In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, ground cloves, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon
- Mix together the wet ingredients In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar and softened butter (warm it in a water bath or cut into smaller pieces). You can mix by hand, but using an electric mixer is best in these steps. Once the butter and sugar mixes together, slowly pour in molasses and mix together. Mix in the eggs (whites and yolks).
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients Slowly pour in the dry ingredients from the first bowl into the second bowl and continue to mix. Once everything is mixed together, take the dough and shape into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Baking Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the chilled dough on a plastic sheet and flatten it out to about ⅛ to ¼ inch sheets with a rolling pin or a pan. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut into shape and place on a baking sheet at 1 inches apart.
This bite is #Nimatested and approved!