Gluten-free Graham Crackers: #nimatested S'mores for Summer Campfire Fun
Did you know that yesterday was National S’mores Day? If you’re like us and just found out about it, it’s ok. We’re making gluten-free s’mores at the office today and you can celebrate with us!
Enjoying some gluten-free s’mores at home or around a campfire is very easy with Nima. Many stores sell gluten-free graham crackers, and the other two ingredients – chocolate and marshmallows – are usually gluten-free.
Making Gluten-Free S’mores At Home
Making gluten-free s’mores at home is very easy. Just get a box of gluten-free graham crackers, a bar of milk chocolate and a bag of large marshmallows.
We tested the two gluten-free graham “style” crackers which were both indeed gluten-free and showed smiles with Nima. Pamela’s gluten-free Honey Grahams and Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables graham style crackers. (Just for giggles, we tested the regular graham crackers from Whole Foods with gluten and Nima showed a wheat symbol as expected.)
We also tested the chocolate bar – this one is gluten-free!
Marshmallows are very gummy and can be tricky to test. Pull apart few small pieces with your fingers to put inside the test capsule. All you need is a small pea sized sample to run a Nima test. These were gluten-free, too!
Gluten-free S’mores recipe
- Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees.
- Place your gluten-free graham crackers on a baking sheet or toasting rack.
- Place a 1-inch square of chocolate on top of one graham.
- Place one large marshmallow on top of the second graham.
- At 3-4 minutes of toasting/baking, the chocolate should soften and the marshmallow will begin to swell.
- Once the marshmallow turns golden, remove from the oven.
- Sandwich the chocolate and marshmallow topped crackers and enjoy the ooey, gooey treat!
Do these photos make you hungry for s’mores? See what other delicious snacks Nima members are testing on the Nima Community Wall.