DownloadDownload the Nima app on Android or iOS to pair Nima. Check for firmware updates before running your first test.
Step 1Unwrap a new capsule and remove the silica packet from the bottom. Unscrew the cap at the top. Put a pea-sized amount of liquid or solid food into the one time use capsule.
Step 2Keeping the capsule upright, firmly screw on the cap until you feel a pop. Keep twisting until the green ring disappears. Don’t worry, you won’t break it.
Step 3Stand Nima upright. Slide the capsule into Nima until it clicks. The capsule will be flush with the top of Nima.
Step 4Nima arrives charged. Hold the power button for 2 seconds to turn Nima on. When prompted, quickly push the button again to start the test. An icon on the screen will indicate the test has begun and if you listen closely, you will hear the Nima running.
Step 5Wait up to 3 minutes for the result to display. Throw the capsule in the trash after use. Do not reopen used capsules.
WHAT CAN I TEST?You can test a wide variety of foods and liquids with Nima. A few examples include:
- Packaged goods
- French fries
- Meat balls
For solid foods, use a pea-sized sample. For liquid foods, don’t fill past the teeth in the capsule.
WHERE CAN I TEST?
Use Nima when dining out, eating at home, traveling, work functions, buffets and anywhere else you can think of!
- Nima can not accurately test soy sauce, beer, and other fermented or hydrolyzed foods but can detect if gluten has been added to those items.
- Only test small samples of high fat foods like ice cream, heavy cream, & salad dressings.
- Nima can not accurately test alcohol or heavy vinegar solutions.
- Only test small samples of very dry or powdery foods like pure flour & ground spices.
- Nima has not been validated to test non-food items such as makeup or medication.
To learn more visit Nima Testing
BEST PRACTICES FOR USE
- Leave capsules wrapped until ready to use.
- Store capsules in a temperate environment. Do not store in a hot car.
- Wash hands before testing to avoid cross contamination.
- Wipe capsules clean of excess food or liquid before placing in Nima.
- Use a fresh capsule for every test.
- Do not ingest test liquid or consume food sample after testing.
- Do not re-open capsule after use. Discard in trash. Not currently recyclable.
- Wipe hands dry or wash with water if you come into contact with testing fluid.
VIEW PAST TESTS
To view previous test results, turn Nima on. Double click the button to see the most recent test. You can also see your test history in the Nima app on iOS.